Privacy Information Notice
This Notice explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Notice from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
Any questions regarding this Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
SISSA MEDIALAB SRL
Via Bonomea, 265 - 34136 Trieste - Italy
T. +39-040-3787 620 - F. +39-040-3787 640
Partita IVA: IT 01097780322
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you register to the website, for example when you sumbit a paper to our Journals, if you are selected as referee, if you access our website, if you read our content.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, affiliation, payment information, ORCID Id and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We may process your personal information in the following ways:
To send your submission for peer review;
To prepare your article for publication if accepted;
To invite you to peer review and to manage the peer review process;
To publish your name, institution, country, ORCID Id and your email address alongside your work.
To process payment to you
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell nor rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers: We work closely with several third party product providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (SPRINGER NATURE, IOPP, Abstracting and indexing services, Crossref). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com (or use the modify metadata tool in the journal webpage).
In compliance with the provisions under Chapter III, Section I, GDPR, you may exercise the rights therein indicated and in particular:
- Right of Access – Obtain confirmation whether your data are processed or not and, in such a case, obtain information related, in particular, to: the purposes of such processing, the categories of the processed personal data, the storage period, the recipients to whom such data can be transferred (Section 15, GDPR);
- Right of Rectification – Obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed (Section 16, GDPR);
- Right of Erasure – Obtain, without undue delay, the erasure of your personal data, in the cases provided for by the GPDR (Section 17, GDPR);
- Right to Restriction – Obtain from the Controller the limitation to processing, in the cases provided for by the GDPR (Section 18, GDPR);
- Right to Data Portability – Receive your personal data as communicated to the Controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and obtain the transmission of such data to another controller without any hindrance, in the cases provided for by the GDPR (Section 20, GDPR);
- Right to object – Object to the processing of your personal data, unless the Controller have compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing (Section 21, GDPR);
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority – Lodge a complaint to Autorità Garante per la protezione dei dati personali, Piazza di Montecitorio n. 121, 00186, Roma (RM).
You may exercise such rights by means of a request to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EU. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Notice.
Review of this Notice
We keep this Notice under regular review. This Notice was last updated on 17th October, 2018